Saturday 21 May 2011

Saturday Recipes - Salads!

Today I dream of eating something light, healthy and full of flavour, like a salad!

After all week of macking on Ben & Jerry's without a minute of exercising my stomach is a bit tired so a good salad would be perfect!

Have a look at these delicious salad recipes I've found for you this week and maybe you'll be convinced that salads don't have to be boring!

Fried Goat Cheese and Fig Salad


A recipe from Framed Cooks, a fantastic food blog that I've already mentioned here, here and here :) This week I will share with you three recipes from that inspirational blog because I couldn't decide which one is the best :)

I love fresh figs and figs with prosciutto make one of the greatest combinations ever. I can't wait to try this one! Click here for the recipe!


Shrimp and Watermelon Salad

Shrimp and watermelon on one plate...really!? I have to try this unusual combination - sweet and salty and tropical and soooo delicous looking! Get the recipe here!


Coconut Shrimp Salad

Yes, another shrimp salad :) I think that shimps and prawn are great alternatives for meat in the Summer, they don't make you feel so full plus they're healthy and delicious :)

The basis of the salad is corn, cooked shrimp, fresh parsley or cilantro, and a chopped up avocado with a handful of toasted and sweetened coconut flakes. Find the recipe here!

 Photos from Framed-mylifeonepictureatatime.blogspot.com

Zucchini Crudo

Okay, it's not a salad but it's made of fresh vegetabled so it counts, no? 

This recipe from Kiss My Spatula is just perfect for summer - light and easy to make. Raw courgette drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice with crumbled feta cheese - this sounds divine!

Photo from Kissmyspatula.com

Poached Salmon Salad with Feta Cheese

A recipe from the brilliant food photographer and cook, Katie from her blog What Katie Ate. This recipe is calling to me. I love all the ingredients and it looks wonderful!

Photo from Whatkatieate.blogspot.com

Sunshine Citrus Salad

This has to be one of the prettiest breakfasts I've ever seen!

This recipe from My New Roots involves a selection of citrus fruits with a home made Ginger Bay Lime Syrup, but it can be modified anyway you like it using fresh herbs or spices.

Photo from Mynewroots.blogspot.com

Aaaaand for dessert....

Snickers Cupcakes

I know, I know, it is not the healthiest thing but I just couldn't resist :)

Don't blame me, just read this: Chocolate cupcake, filled with a caramel-Snickers mixture, topped with caramel buttercream and garnished with additional Snickers and caramel sauce. Wow, that's what I call pure decadence :) Get the recipe here!

Photo from Annies-eats.net

Salad days :)

2 comments: