Saturday 7 May 2011

Saturday Recipes - Mac'n'Cheese!

Today I dream of these macaroni and cheese recipes :) I love mac'n'cheese, who doesn't?

I know it's not on any good restaurant's menu but sometimes I don't feel like spending half of the day in the kitchen making something fancy.

Tonight I want to spend a nice, relaxing evening in front of the TV, so what's better than good old macaroni cheese? It's so simple to make, you can throw basically anything you like to it: vegetables, meats, any kind of cheese, even put a fried egg on top and it's still going to taste good.

Have a look at some of these mac'n'cheese recipes that I 've chosen for you this week!

Classic Macaroni Cheese

A classic, simple recipe from Taylor Takes a Taste blog. It's a recipe that her mom adapted from one of the greatest southern cooks ever, Edna Lewis. Taylor promised that after eating this macaroni and cheese you will never go back to your old recipe. Challenge accepted! :)

Photo from Taylortakesataste.com

Epic Mac'n'cheese Pie-la Deen

Straight away this recipe from Desserts for Breakfast reminded me of the Epic Meal Time videos, the name, the bacon - it's all there :) This pie is full of cheesy and delicious goodness, from the homemade spicy cheddar cheese crust to the deep-fried mac'n'cheese balls buried inside the mac'n'cheese pie filling. Epic indeed!

Photo from Dessertsforbreakfast.com

Lobster Macaroni Cheese

I found this recipe on the Saveur and apparently this dish is served at Macbar, a Manhattan restaurant whose menu lists a dozen mac and cheese variations. Posh mac'n'cheese? Why not :)

Photo from Saveur.com

Greek Mac and Cheese

Again from Saveur, a Greek take on macaroni cheese involving: spinach and feta cheese that is infused with a hint of cinnamon. Looks delicious!

Photo from Saveur.com

Mac'n'Cheese with Smoked Chicken and Sundried Tomatoes 

I have a huge crush on sun dried tomatoes so any excuse to add them to anything it's good for me :) This dish from Fuss Free Cooking looks just perfect - gooey and creamy!

Photo from Fussfreecooking.com

Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes


To me food is just a little more fun when it comes in cupcake form :) This recipe from Framed Cooks is great for kids, it looks just adorable and you can make it in 30 minutes!

Photo from Framed-mylifeonepictureatatime.blogspot.com

Three Cheeese Mac'n'Cheese

Cheddar, parmigiano and goat cheese... sounds delicious already! A recipe from Courtney from Cook Like a Champion blog who admitted to being a mac and cheese addict so I think we can trust her on this one :)

Photo from Cooklikeachampionblog.com

Chili Macaroni Cheese

A simple recipe from one of my favourite food blogs What Katie Ate which is a great source of fantastic recipes and great pictures. This mac'n'cheese is made using the Pecorino cheese which is my favourite so it's a winner for me!

Photo from Whatkatieate.blogspot.com



Mack on cheese! :)

8 comments:

  1. OMG! This is the dream blog post for me! I am obsessed with mac and cheese! Too bad I dont have an oven :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how can you live without an oven? You poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow... this really makes me want some mac n' cheese. I usually just like the plain stuff, but some of these look SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I'm going to make some pastas now :)).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I knew all about Mac and Cheese - love the 'epic...'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zrobiłam się głodna:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious! Yummy..Macaroni is my favorite one.
    Adorable post.

    ReplyDelete