Saturday 29 October 2011

Saturday Recipes - Sweet Tarts!

Today I dream about bringing the summer back with these delicious recipes for fruit tarts!

I love tarts, they are quite easy to make and there's so many varieties and possibilities. Today I will only show recipes for sweet tarts because if I included the recipes for savoury tarts too, this post would be endless :)

Don't worry though - savoury tarts coming next week! My favourite tarts are the ones with cream cheese or mascarpone and fresh fruit on the top but in the winter time a piece of rich, chocolate tart would be just perfect! Below you'll find recipes for both, hope you'll find something for your liking. Enjoy!

Citrus Tart

My summer favourite! Sweet and sour in one, refreshing and light - just perfect! Get the recipe here!

Photo from Honeyandjam.com

Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart

It looks like a little piece of summer and I'm sure it tastes heavenly! It's a classic, simple recipe with a little twist - dark chocolate ganache. Find the recipe here!

Photo from Annies-eats.net

Rustic Plum Crostata with Lemon Thyme

Plums always bring end of summer to my mind! I like them much more in pies and tarts than on their own. When they're ripe they're really juicy, perfect for baking and making jams - yummy! Click here for the recipe!

Photo from Nytimes.com

Fig Tart

I already showed one recipe for a fig tart here but this one looks so beautiful that I couldn't resist! Find the recipe here!

Photo from Mowielicious.com

Cherry and Almond Tart

I love the almond pastry and sugared cherries on the top! This recipe is a must-try for me! Get it here!

Photo from Lemonsandlavender.com

Lavender and Buttermilk Tart

I never used buttermilk in a pie before so I'm very curious about the flavour. In the summer my favourite lunch was always new potatoes with dill, fried egg and a glass of buttermilk on the side, sounds crazy but I promise it works :) Click here for the recipe!

Photo from Tarteletteblog.com

Chocolate Hazelnut Cherry Tart

The chocolate and cherry combination always works perfectly. It you add hazelnut to it I'm sure it's even better! Plus it looks fabulous! Get the recipe here!

Photo from Hotpolkadot.com

Chocolate Caramel Tart

I love the flavour of slightly salty caramel with bittersweet chocolate - it's rich and mouthwatering! Click here for the recipe!

Photo from Mybakingaddiction.com

Chocolate Pudding Pie

Now this is the recipe for the times when you feel down - when you've lost your job, boyfriend or money :) A piece of this pie will erase all the bad memories and make you happy again, I guarantee it! In other cases have a little piece then give it to your neighbours or someone you don't like as it is packed with calories ;) Get the recipe here!

Photo from Smittenkitchen.com

Sweetheart sweet tarts :)

1 comment: