Wednesday 14 March 2012

My Fashion Week Favourites

Today I dream about my five favourite collections for next winter.

It was a hard choice. As much as I loved the futuristic and geometric shapes at Balenciaga, Acne or Topshop Unique as well as Louis Vuitton's fantasy world, Miu Miu's printed suits and Wang's glossy leathers I chose the collections that I would love to wear myself.

As usual with me, femininity and muted, soft colours have won again! Here are my choices:

1. Burberry Prorsum

I love the truly British vintage feel of the collection. Cosy tweeds, peplums and nipped waists create beautiful, feminine silhouettes. There is not one thing in this collection that I wouldn't want to welcome into my closet.

Definitely my number one for the next fall!


2. Chloé

It's Clare Waight Keller's second season at Chloe and I think she's proved that the brand is going in the right direction with herself in charge.

I love the soft palette of shades and slightly sporty silhouettes but my favourite part of the collection is definitely the outerwear. The only thing I don't like here are the shoes but I love the bags so I guess that balances it out :)

 

3. Isabel Marant 

Parisian chic meets wild wild West?! Only Isabel Marant could pull this one off! And she did!

The collection is very feminine, playful and sexy. I love all the embroidery, frilly skirts and lace blouses and of course, the cowboy boots!


4. Valentino

Valentino is my most beloved old-style fashion house.

His women are always elegant, classy and sexy but never in a vulgar way. Although the colour palette in this collection is very basic when you look at the details you see the huge amount of hard work that went into this collection.

Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli did an amazing job again in delivering this beautiful folk inspired collection in a modern way.


5. Jill Sander

Was there any better way Raf Simons could say goodbye to Jill Sander? I really don't think so - his last collection is truly breathtaking!

The soft shades of pink and gray combined with melancholic music and ultra feminine silhouettes - it was the sweetest goodbye!

Photos from Vogue.com and Style.com

Fabulous five! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this selection is really beautiful, I love Chloe and Jill Sander, the coats are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. W zasadzie wszystko prócz Marant sama bym brała. Burberry urzeka mnie tym, że niby co sezon "magluje" to samo a...wychodzi naprawdę dobrze.

    ReplyDelete