Saturday 18 February 2012

Saturday Recipes - Avocado!

Today I dream about trying all of these creative recipes for dishes involving avocado!

Avocado is known as a great source of energy, vitamins from the groups B and E, potassium... and calories :)

It is one of my favourite fruits - I never knew whether it was a fruit or vegetable, but it is a fruit. Trust me, I checked! - which tastes equally good with some onion in guacamole as it does blended with banana in a smoothie.

Apart from those two and my new favourite - egg baked in avocado which I showed you last week, I never knew what else can be made with avocado, so here's some ideas :)

Grapefruit and Avocado Salad with Shrimp 

It's super healthy and full of flavours! Sounds and looks delicious - a must try! Get the recipe here!

Photo from Sweetsugarbean.com

Avocado Fries

I have no idea how come it never crossed my mind to deep fry avocados?! It looks amazing, crispy on the outside, creamy in the middle served with cilantro lemon dipping sauce - yummy! Find the recipe here!

Photo from Adventurescooking.blogspot.com

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Avocado, and Lime

I know that most of you probably hate sprouts but it might be because most of the time they are served in the wrong way! Trust me, they can be really delicious, just like on the picture below! Click here for the recipe!

Photo from Inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com

Avocado Wraps

Avocado filled with goat cheese and wrapped with prosciutto - simple and delicious! Get the recipe here!

Photo from Domesticfits.com

Avocado Pesto Pasta

Basil, avocados, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil all mixed together with a sprinkle of parmesan? This can't go wrong! Find the recipe here!

Photo from Gimmesomeoven.com

Egg, Avocado and Crispy Prosciutto Pitas

Great idea for lunch! Healthy and will give you loads of energy! Click here for the recipe!

Photo from Myrecipes.com

Avocado and Shrimp Sandwich

Unfortunately the original recipe is in Hungarian, but I tried to translate it and it looks like it's shrimps marinated in chili with lime and tangerine juice served with red onion and sour cream in a toasted baguette or ciabatta type bread.

Photo from Renidani.blogspot.com

Avocado? 'Ave a go! :)

5 comments:

  1. I am ashamed to say that I never had avocado :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Świetne połączenia produktów!
    Sałata na pierwszym zdjęciu to mój faworyt
    wśród tych pyszności:)
    Nigdy nie jadłam frytowanego awakado,
    ciekawe jak smakuje...

    Uściski
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look SO delicious! i want to try each recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks really good and I'm excited to give it a try this weekend!

    Grandma Kat
    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boże, ależ zgłodniałam. Awokado bardzo lubię, ale głównie w sałatkach. Jakoś wersje kanapkowe do mnie nie przemawiają. Może nie trafiłam jeszcze na tę idealną?

    ReplyDelete